School teaches you that ignorance is shameful, rather than being a person’s default AND ENTIRELY FIXABLE state. Sucks the fun outta learning, if you let it.
I hate when I have no knowledge about something such as a word or a person, a film or a book or even a historical moment. Just about anything really.
I’m made to feel so fucking stupid for never hearing about it in my life.
Well I am so sorry that this thing has never come into my life before, but you don’t have to be a dick to me about it, you could introduce me to it instead.
The worst thing is when a parent does it and then they don’t explain what it is, no wonder I don’t fucking know, I’m not being told.
ENFJ’s main interest in life is giving love, support, and a good time to other people. They are focused on understanding, supporting & encouraging others. They make things happen for people, and get their best personal satisfaction from this.
things i need to do:
- clean my room
- get a college degree
- learn how to have healthy relationships
things i want to do:
- play with puppies and kittens
- find someone cute to cuddle and make out with
- drive to the ocean
things i actually am doing:
- taking subpar selfies
- running a semi successful blog
- listening to sad songs and watching too much netflix
I have never seen anything more accurate…
- Me: I'm upset because I wanted to get an A on this test and I got a B and I'm disappointed in myself
- Friend: SHut up I have a D don't complain you bitch
- Me: no no w-wait you don't understand, I understand that a B is a perfectly good grade and reflects my effort, but I live in an environment with a family who doesn't support that and who pressures me into getting better grades, and if I get B's, the consequences are not fun.
- Friend: nooOOO BUT YOU ARE SMART FRIEND, DO NOT CONDESCEND TO US WITH YOUR FAKE ISSUES. SMART HONORS STUDENT MUST HAVE PERFECT LIFE
- Me: no, actually my life's not that easy. I'm struggling with a perfectionist family, an anxiety disorder, a social life, expectations to keep a perfect GPA, and also regularly exercise and maintain a certain weight. I have a lot of things stressing me out and grades are one of them, your mother's reaction to your D is my mother's reaction to my B, I was raised in a household where my "gifted-and-talented" label cursed me from grade school to be expected to have a perfect, charmed, talented life. That doesn't mean my life is any of those things.
- Friend: NO YOUR LIFE IS PERFECT SHUT UP DON'T COMPLAIN
- Me: I guess I won't talk about it then. I'm sorry, your problems are more legit than mine. My bad.
- Friend: God she's weird. She thinks HER life is hard.
- Me the next week: Hey guys I got an A on this math test, I worked really hard and I'm super proud
- Friend: Oh god of COURSE she got an A, she probably didn't even study. She's perfect. WHY ARE YOU SO PERFECT
- Me: No actually I've struggled with this subject for a while and I used to be in the lower class but I worked really hard and studied and got a tutor and got my grade up and now I'm in honors....
- Friend: But you're so smart you don't have to try like we do
- Me: Am I even speaking the same language as you people? Do you not understand that I work just as hard as any of you? That my stresses and worries in life may be different but are just as valid? Am I being completely selfish by being proud of a grade I worked for and wanting credit for the fact that I worked /hard/ on it, it wasn't just LUCK? Is that so horrible of me?
- Friend: ... well anyway congrats on your A we all knew you'd get one anyway lol
- Parent: Gosh I don't understand how you could possibly have an anxiety problem or any stress, if you're stressed about grades or anything why don't you just TALK to someone? Friends? Us? Teachers? Counselors?
- Me: I try but they shut me out and try to tell me that I don't have issues because I'm "perfect." You know what I just give up, I guess my problems aren't worthy enough for anyone to listen. I'm probably overreacting. I'm sorry.
- Everyone: well isn't she such a little goody-goody with her perfect life gosh I just hate her and now she's acting all distant what the hell
- My therapist: Look at nature. Look at flowers. We never walk into our garden and say "Oh wouldn't that flower be so much more pretty if it were taller? Or red instead of pink?" No, we don't. Because nature was created perfect just as it is. And so are we. We are part of nature, we are how we're meant to be, we are perfect just as we are.
Perfect night with some of my best friends!!!
Night of dancing at the SAI formal followed by the breakfast club, friends, and yummy treats. MUCH. NEEDED.
i’m not like other girls. actually, i’m nothing like other girls. and that girl u saw get on the bus earlier isn’t like other girls either. it’s surprising, really. it’s almost as if everybody is different from each other. holy shit